Your online dating profile is hugely important. It is the first thing that men will see and respond to. You want it to reflect who you are and give an indication as to what potential dates can expect.
Each online dating service offers unique ways to connect. Some have surveys to fill out about your preferences, thoughts and desires. Others have you register and fill out a small amount of information to get you started.
Tips for being successful!
- Have a good, current picture! Men respond to visual cues. Old pictures that show a younger you, will dissapoint. Many men that I have talked to mention this. Have a picture taken that, YES, shows your face and body. You want to date men who find you attractive as you are! Additional photos can show you having fun, you with your pets, you with friends- catch the drift- you need to be front and center on your profile.
- Be honest about your likes and dislikes. Only say you like camping if you really do. No one wants to find out months or years later that you always hated something. Don’t say what you think men want to hear.
- Add something fun about yourself. It can be a future dream, an unusual experience, or just a bit of fun. On one of mine I wrote about jumping on a shopping cart and riding it.
- Honesty is best, always. If you smoke say so. If you don’t drink check that box. Men have often shared their surprise when several dates into a relationship they find out the truth. Often it is a deal breaker. If you can’t trust someone on the smaller things, it makes you wonder about the big things.
- Keep it simple. A few fun facts: have you always been in the area; your favorite things to do; pets or kids, etc. Again, men are visual. Most won’t read the profile. But keeping it short and to the point will enhance your chances.